I LOVE SECOND LIFE

Detail is here

9/29/2013

The Rack and The Shops!

Groovy


I’ve mentioned it in an earlier blog this weekend but a new event called The Rack has begun. From looking at the blog the event is described as “every Saturday, a select group of fashion and accessory designers will participate once a month as part of a rotation, and will put out a new item at the front of their mainstore. Items will be new, or a new and exclusive recolour of an existing item, and will be priced at 200L for 24 hours. Rounds will be on every Saturday at midnight and will end at 11:59PM.”


I’m blogging just over half an hour after the event finished this weekend but there may still be some designers with items out and the Seraphim blog had details of the items for sale here.


The top I am wearing is by E! Eclectic Apparel for The Rack. In the pack there was a water colour version which I am wearing and an equally lovely latte version. I think the tie at the waste is really cute and it has a lovely pattern on the texture. The shape is exceptionally well done as well.


I am also wearing the new skin by The Shops! The system has been updated so now when you buy the body you select the style of body but also get the face which means no more tattoo layers for the face itself. It also came with several eyeshadow options but I did have to buy eyebrows to go with the skin.


The Shops! works on a hud based system and you can now collect the hud in the store and wear it before clicking on the skin and make up that you would like to try and buy which is so much better as I always ended up removing my AO and then having to repeatedly re-wear the hud before which was very time consuming when your moving between face, eyebrows, lipsticks etc. It still has the very straight forward delivery system once you have selected what you want but you just have to be careful to select the right skin tone before trying the demo or buying as their not numbered on the hud itself.


The system is not without controversy as it seems that there is nothing in place for redelivery of the faces we have already bought now that the face and body are integrated and the fact we could get them re-delivered before was a big plus. In addition there are some issues with the fact that you cannot credit the exact amount you wish to spend on a skin, eyeshadow etc and so there is always some credit left in the hud/system. This is fine if you buy more skins etc over time and use the credit up but what if the designer closes down – how would we get our money back? Also due to the prices and way you credit the hud will we always end up in credit on the hud and unable to spend those last few lindens?


We still also don’t have any appliers for Slink, Lolas etc but it seems from the comments on Flickr that the designer is working on it and the other issues and hopefully will come to a system that everyone is happy with. I am still really pleased that N-Core has already colour matched The Shops! skins so I can wear their shoes with my skin.


Anywho I am wearing what looks like a new release skin called Bianca. She looks very glamorous in the adds and my shape seems to make her look a bit sad but I do really like the skin and was able to wear the eyeshadow etc that I had already bought during my previous visits to The Shops. I think that with the right make up she will look much perkier!!!


Finally I’m not sure if the event is still on but my jeans were from the R.icielli Birthday Hunt that started a few weeks ago. For $10L I got the jeans in 6 different colours and all of them are really nice and wearable. I would highly recommend a visit to the Sim to see if it is still on as there were lots of other lovely items available in the hunt.


Groovy Collage


The Outfit

Hair: /Wasabi Pills/ Amelie Mesh Hair – Browns Pack

Skin: THESKINSHOP (11) (SKIN) ‘Bianca’ (Toned)

Eyebrows: THESKINSHOP (11) (EYEBROWS) ‘Shy’ (Dark Brown)

Necklace: {Dead Apples} Antlers Chain Necklace – Carbon/Golden @ The Arcade September

Top: e Odette Tops (The Rack)

Bracelets: MG – Bracelets and Earrings – Honey Diva Bo Bo

Jeans: R.icielli – SOMITTA Mesh Jeans / #01 @ R.icielli Birthday Hunt

Shoes: N-core INDY “Black” (Mesh)


Just because…


Grooving







via iheartsl Second Life Fashion and Community Feed http://lexiabarzane.com/2013/09/29/the-rack-and-the-shops/

No comments:

Post a Comment