I LOVE SECOND LIFE

Detail is here

4/29/2012

52 Weeks of Color Challenge: Thistle



If you know your Scottish history then you know that the thistle is the official floral emblem of Scotland. Legend has it that a soldier from an invading army stepped on one when sneaking up to attack, cried out, and thus gave himself and his group away. If you take a good look at one it’s easy to see why it might hurt to step on one…but what on earth was that guy doing wandering around with no shoes or flimsy shoes? Sheesh, man, if you’re going to go marauding, make sure you are properly shod!


One of the most important dates in Scottish history is the Battle of Culloden. Because I have friends that like to make random things I have access to a replica of the memorial cairn that stands on Culloden field today. It was worth a moment to pause and reflect…and mostly to thank my lucky stars I was not born in that place and in that century.


042912a


042912b


Congrats to Yvette Donner and Lashae Karsin, who win the Trend hair from Lelutka. Watch for it in-world! I made an educated guess as to color. Berate me if I have chosen poorly!


Next week, I’ll be giving away a couple of gift cards to Ibizarre. I am just loving Anyusha’s new mesh work!


Hair: >TRUTH< Felecia (Mesh) – espresso by Truth Hawks


Jewelry: MG – Ashanti Cerise by Maxi Gossamer


Shirt: Ibizarre mesh. Kalana Floral Tunic – french lilac by Anyusha Lilienthal


Pants: coldLogic trouser – mazza.white by coldLogic


Shoes: *Sherael* Natalie Pump – Lilac by Sherael Concepcion


Thistle: The Flower Plant Scottish Thistle by Karina Jewell


Poses: !bang, Essential Soul







via iheartsl Second Life Fashion and Community Feed Blog http://slfashionistawannabe.blogspot.com/2012/04/52-weeks-of-color-challenge-thistle.html

No comments:

Post a Comment